Stumble It! MMA at 47: Is a bruise a good thing?

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Is a bruise a good thing?

I use to wonder why sports athletes would injure themselves and continue doing the same job?

Now, I understand. It’s for the love of the sport. We had the best advanced/open class tonight. It’s been a while since I have had the opportunity to spar and grapple with some of our newer students. I had so much fun! Our students are so talented and eager to learn. It’s always a joy to work with them.

So, where did the bruises come from? Well, in addition to working with belts below mine, I also got to spar and grapple with our black belts and I always learn so much! Every time I work with a black belt I learn something new. However, if you are really working hard, you will earn a few bruises, especially if you’re an older student. Grappling and sparring will give you a few bruises but they are worth it. They become, somewhat of, a badge of honor. You grin when you show a classmate one of your bruises because you know that you earned it and it was fun doing so.
So, can a bruise be a good thing? Sure, it may be painful but it does make you smile.

Keep having fun!
Lisa

No comments: